What’s better way to pamper your skin with pure, natural and healthy fruits and vegetables and fresh juices free of toxins and not harmful to your skin at all.
Fruits are said to be the best medicine and it’s a well known fact over a decade now.If you compare natural remedies its much cheaper as compared to chemical beauty treatments and results are worthy too. The smell of fruits are quite de-stressing, it rejuvenates and hydrates your skin in a natural way.
Your Skin reflects the health of your Liver. Liver performs more than 300 critical metabolic functions related to either transforming or eliminating substances within your bloodstream. More water, less processed foods and alcohol and regular exercise are all highly beneficial, but one of the most powerful ways to enhance your liver’s health is with homemade fresh juices.
I will be sharing the list of few fruits you must eat for a healthier skin and list of atleast 10 juices out of which you must try at least one or two on a regular basis.
FRUITS THAT CAN ENHANCE YOUR SKIN TEXTURE, SMOOTHNESS AND GLOW:
1. PAPAYA : Papaya is rich in antioxidants and contain a special enzyme called papain that can kill dead cells and cure skin impurities. Eating Papaya, making a juice out of it or simply applying mashed papaya on your skin can do wonders.
2. BANANA : We know it’s a good source of iron, magnesium and potassium and helps reduce menstrual cramps.Bananas are rich in vitamin A, B and E and hence works as an anti-aging agent. Same as Papaya, eating banana, making a banana shake or simply apply mashed banana to your skin can help you overcome skin related issues.
3. MANGO : The soft pulpy fruit has an amazing effect on skin too. Rich in vitamin-A and rich antioxidants, it fights against skin aging, regenerates skin cells and restores the elasticity of skin.
4. ORANGE : Rich in vitamin C that improves skin texture & help clear skin blemishes. It contains collagen that slows skin aging process, rub the insides of orange on your skin to tighten the skin. Oranges can also be dried and powdered and used as a natural scrub.
5. APPLE : Like Oranges, Apple too contains collagen that slows skin aging process. Applying a mixture of mashed apple, honey, rose water and oatmeal can act as a great exfoliating mask on your skin.
6. LEMON : Last but the least is lemon one of the best and easily available skin radiating and rejuvenating source of vitamin C.
Benefits of Lemon:
1. A glass of warm water with a tsp of honey and a dash of lemon juice on an empty stomach every morning is a great skin cleanser.
2. Rub the inside of a lemon peel on your elbow to remove dark spots, with its astringent properties, it can be used to lighten the skin tone and also diminish acne scars
3. Mix lemon and honey and use it as a natural bleach on your skin etc.
Now, lets talk about the juices that plays a major role making your skin glow, proper liver functioning, detoxicating and enhancing your skin health.Avoid packed or canned juices, Freshly made juices are naturally full of nutrients like antioxidants, enzymes, minerals and vitamins which is good for skin.
Find the list of best of fruits and veggies to support the above mentioned statement here:-
1. LEMON JUICE : Lemon juice aids your skin in a long run. It helps in assisting digestion, detoxification and elimination, providing alkalizing minerals and antioxidant vitamin C and helping your liver to produce more bile to digest fats.
2. APPLE : Apple is a healthy fruit, it’s high in antioxidant flavonoids like quercetin, kaempferol and myricetin that enhances the skin and reduces the risk of skin cancer. Pectin in apples also helps your liver with eliminating toxins.
3. CUCUMBER : It is high in silica and other beneficial trace minerals for reducing inflammation and improving the softness of your skin and the strength of your hair and nails, It’s extremely hydrating, cooling and alkalizing vegetable for eliminating toxins.
4. CARROTS : Carrots are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Regular intake of carrot juice brings healthy glow and improves the skin texture and smoothness.
5. BEETS : Beets are good for Liver, beet juice helps to regenerate damaged liver cells.
Other fruit & vegetable juices good for liver and skin are :
9. CELERY, and
10. KALE juices.
Juices of mentioned fruits and vegetables detox the liver which is highly associated in detoxing and improving your skin texture, increases hydration and definitely slows down ageing.
Please Note : Start off by taking smaller quantities and gradually increase the amount of fresh juice you drink over several weeks rather than going straight into a juice only detox to avoid adverse effects.
HERE’S THE LIST OF NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR GLOWING SKIN – treat your skin in a healthy way :-
1. Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly all over your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed
2. Take 1 tbsp of tomato juice, 2 tbsps of yogurt and 2 tbsps of oatmeal. Mix well and make a paste. Apply it on the skin and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off, pat dry and apply a light and mild skin moisturizer
3. Take Carrot juice 3 part, tomato juice 2 part and beet juice one part, mix well and take this 1 glass juice everyday for 20 days. It will remove all black spot, acne, pimples and improve facial glow
4. Make a paste by mixing half tbsp turmeric powder and 3 tbsp gram flour with a little water or milk. Also add 2 drops of mustard oil in this mixture. Apply it on your skin and leave it until it dries. Put it off by scrubbing your skin gently in a circular motion and then wash with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once a week to lighten your skin tone and remove scars
5. If you skin if dry then nothing is better then milk. Soak a cotton in pure milk and then rub this cotton on your face and neck for some time. It will remove dust and other black particles from skin. If your skin is extra oily then rub a piece of ice on your face for 10 minutes. It will remove excess oil from skin and make your skin look fresh.
6. Take one banana and crush it to make a paste. Now mix few drops of rose water and glycerin in it and apply on face for 20 minutes. Wash with normal water.
7. Take papaya pulp and rub on your face and neck. It will increase facial glow and remove wrinkles naturally.
8. Take a slice of potato and soak in water for 5 minutes or so. Now Rub it on your face. Potato works as a natural bleach, which will lighten and brighten the skin in seconds.
Drink loads of water, eat more fresh vegetables and fruits and exercise regularly is the best way to detox slow and steady. Natural ways of detox is a long process and time consuming but its definitely worth it!!